Saturday, November 14, 2009

Esme's bling and more

Ok, so when I was pregnant and we found out it was a girl one of the first things that I said I was that I was going to pierce her ears as soon as I could. When we went for her 2 month doctors appointment, the doctor said we could do it anytime. It took me 2 1/2 months to really decide to do it.

Aaron and I took her in to the jewelry store the same day that we went to the apple orchard, but Sheila wasn't there. So I took Esme in on the Monday afterwards and we did it then. I have Emla cream for when Esme gets shots so I put that on her ears. It's a prescription cream that makes her skin numb. So she didn't feel anything on her right ear. Her left ear she felt a little bit, but she cried for a total of 30 seconds.

Now she's a bling girl!


Notice that Esme's back in her exersaucer.


Also notice the colors of Esme's eyes. When we were driving to and from Colorado in August, one of the things that we did was make predictions about Esme. Aaron thought Esme would continue to have blue eyes, like me. I thought she would have hazely-green eyes like Aaron does. Guess who was right?


The other thing that is new with Esme this week is that she has found her feet! And she can almost put all of her toes in mouth at one time.

In the last picture, you can also see Esme's long, curly eyelashes. I hope they stay that way as she gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment