Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Increasingly mobile!

Esme's walking! Exactly one week after her first birthday.

She had been hugging the perimeter of rooms and walking along the wall for awhile now. She's also been standing and walking next to every piece of furniture in the house. But now she's officially a walker.

When I got home today, I asked Aaron how her day was at daycare. His answer - "very busy". I asked why (thinking maybe she ran errands with Grandma and Grandpa) and he said "she spent the whole day walking around"! Oh my gosh! I was imagining her taking few steps here and there and then falling down. But no, she's actually walking pretty far! Aaron had me stand by the sink in the kitchen and then he set her down by the pantry and she walked all the way over to me!!! It was probably 8-9 steps. I couldn't believe that she could walk so far so quickly! I guess when you get it, you get it.

She still prefers to crawl sometimes. It's just faster... for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment