Sunday, February 27, 2011

Gopher Hockey

Last night I went to a Gopher Hockey game with my friend Kim.  She and her husband have front row season tickets and they thought he would be out of town so she invited me to go with her.  It turns out he was not out of town, but I still got to go.  It was SO much fun!
We were sitting on the side of the rink where the Gophers were on offense for 2 of the 3 periods.  It was crazy to be that close when they checked each other right in front of us.  I took a lot of pictures.  I tried to get some good ones of the checks that were by us, but that was pretty much impossible to catch.  Kim's husband Ken texted her and told her that he could see me taking pictures from on the TV. :)  
Goldie was there of course.
There was a HUGE fight too.  Two Michigan Tech players and one Gopher player were ejected.
The Gophers won and scored 5 goals which means if we take our tickets to Culvers we can get free ice cream!!  And we got to see the stick solute which only happens when the Gophers win both games of the series.
We had such a great time!  Thanks Kim for inviting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment