Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Long night

Esme woke up last night just after midnight.  I rocked her for awhile and she would just not fall asleep.  She would sit and stare out into space, half way between sleep and awake.  Finally, after trying several times unsuccessfully to put her to sleep, she and I went downstairs.  I laid on the couch and she played and played.  She danced, sang, hopped and was WIDE awake. At about 5 am Aaron took over and I went and laid down.  He said he'd wake me up in about an hour when he left for work.  I woke up at about 9:30 and the house was quiet.  It turns out that after I went up to sleep, Esme grabbed a box of graham crackers and was holding onto it like a teddy bear.  She fell asleep in her chair like this.
So Aaron took her upstairs and put her to bed.  She slept until about 11:30!  Let's hope this pattern doesn't continue...  I don't like it one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment