Monday, March 12, 2012

The refinishing of a dresser... maybe.

A couple of months I came across a dresser for free on Craigslist.  I've been wanting to refinish a piece of furniture for awhile and I thought this would be my chance.  And who can beat free right?  If I completely ruin it, we have firewood for the fire pit.  

I forgot to take a real 'before' picture, but here's a couple that will give you an idea of what it looks like. 
I really like the size and the details of this dresser.  I love that it's simple but just a little bit unique.  But just in case you can't tell from the pictures, it's Crazy Cobalt Blue.  And there are about 30 coats of paint.  

My Dad was here this weekend and helped me get started getting the paint off.  But let me tell you, this is likely going to be a project that takes all summer.  We'll see if I'm cut out for it. :)

Here's my inspiration.  I think this would look just wonderful in Esme's new room.  So here we go...  

No comments:

Post a Comment