Friday, July 6, 2012

Strawberry Clafoutis


Remember this?  Now what do we do with all those strawberries that we put in the freezer.

Esme wanted to make a strawberry cake.  For whatever reason, today that felt like it was going to be too difficult.  I just wasn't in the mood.  I wanted something really easy.  Last year I made a Cherry Clafoutis that my friend Laurie put on her blog.  It was amazing!  And most importantly, SUPER easy to make.  So that was the "cake" we made.

Esme assumed her usual position in the kitchen.  On a kitchen chair, by the dishwasher, with whatever utensil she needs.  In this case it was a whisk.
And this was our final product.  Sooo Yummy!  
Although I didn't get a picture of it, we served it only with a little powdered sugar on top.  That's really all it needs.

Because the strawberries came out of the freezer, there was a lot of juice rendered as they thawed.  I didn't want it to go into the clafoutis because it would be too runny.  Instead I made a little cocktail.  Pineapple juice, Malibu rum and a little strawberry juice on top.  

Equally Yummy if I do say so myself!

Oh, and for those of you remember that Esme doesn't eat cake - she didn't want to eat this either.  I did get her to take one bite and she made her ugly face and declared it yucky.  Maybe someday she'll be a skinny pastry chef.  She loves to bake and "make recipes" but she doesn't want to eat anything that she makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment