Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick or Treat!

Oh my gosh, Halloween was so much fun this year!

Esme wanted to be a Watermelon Fairy.  We got a catalog in the mail that had a bunch of costumes in it and she chose this.  It was a bit lot too expensive, so we improvised with a strawberry watermelon costume from Old Navy and accessories from JoAnn's Fabrics.


This is the first year that I think Esme really "got it".  Last year she sure had fun but this year she had no fear.  She ran from house to house with the neighbor boys and didn't stop until her feet hurt too bad to walk.  I had to carry her home the last little bit because she was limping.
This year the boy's costumes were a little more scary than last year.  They had gloves with blinky, glow-y fingers that I didn't get a picture of but they were very cool.

My funniest memory of this year is how she reacted to the other kids at one of the houses we stopped at.  She went up to the door with Nathan and Zac and said her "trick or treat" and "thank you".  Then she turned around and there were all these other kids in line to come up to the house.  She got this great big smile on her face because she thought that they were there to see her!  She said "Hi, my name's Esme and I'm a watermelon fairy.  What's your name?".  She had no concept that they wanted her to get the heck out of the way so that they could get some candy.  Obliviously sweet - that's my girl.

Happy Halloween Watermelon Fairy!


No comments:

Post a Comment