Monday, November 10, 2014

First Snow 2014

Today we got a bunch of snow!  The first snow fall of the year and it was enough that Esme didn't have school.  I don't work on Mondays so it was nice that I was able to stay home with her.

We started the day off by going to Crossfit.  There was a little snow on the ground and by the time the WOD was done I had an inch or so of snow on my car.  Do you think I put my scraper in my car ahead of time?  Nope!  Oh well.  Eventually with the wipers and the sleeve of my coat my windows were clear!

When we got home, I went out to shovel.  I got about a third of the driveway done before I took a break.  The snow was heavy and wet and sticking to my shovel the whole time.  Needless to say after kettlebell swings and rowing my arms were tired.  So I went in for about 45 minutes.  I got my coat back on to go outside and start again but when I got out there it had snowed so much more that you couldn't even tell where I had already shoveled!  I decided then and there that #1: I was going to wait for Aaron to get home to help.  And #2: I needed to learn how to use the snowblower.

Aaron took off of work early to miss the afternoon commute and when he got home we shoveled and he showed me how to turn on the snowblower.  There are like 6 steps so I hope I can remember if I need it again.  Esme helped for a little while, but mostly she just ate the snow.  Then when the neighbor boys came out she went and played with them.



They ended up in the house after awhile.  They played Guitar Hero and the boys drank hot chocolate (Esme doesn't like hot chocolate).  Overall a pretty fun day.  And at the end of it all we had about 10 inches of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment