Thursday, January 24, 2013

A busy Maui day

Today was busy day!  No conferences for me so we got right to the fun!

First we went to breakfast at the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina.  They have the best macadamia nut pancakes ever.  And with the coconut syrup - Yum!  This is a must stop place for us each year.
Our plan for the day was to go on a whale watch.  While we were waiting to depart we got to spend a little time at the Banyan Tree in Lahaina.
I personally believe that Esme looks like she's 3 going on 13 in this picture. :(

A very nice man offered to take pictures of all of us.  He took about 10 of them and they were all blurry.  Afterwards he asked for a few dollars to buy a cup of coffee.  I gave him $10 because he took a lot of pictures.  Note to self, next time look at the pictures first.  I assumed this was how he made most of his money and that he might actually be decent at taking pictures.  Nope!  Oh well, this was the best one I thought.
Next on to the boat!  Esme had a bit of fun, but probably not as much as we would have hoped.  I think she'll have a better appreciation of it when she's older.
This next picture is not from this whale watch.  It's from one my parents took a few days earlier when Esme and I were busy at Makena Beach.  My dad finally got his whale breaching picture.  And here it is!  We did see a lot of this on our whale watch too, but no one got a picture of it.
After we were done we went to The Aloha Mixed Plate, one of the best and most affordable places to eat on Maui.  Again, it's a must stop for us.  I had my absolute, most favorite island drink ever, The Sassy Wahine.  This drink alone is worth the 8 hour flight to Maui.
After lunch we went back to the condo and spent some time at the beach.  Esme met a few new friends and I tried to read a book.  
And finally some relaxing with Mamoo after a very busy Maui day!


No comments:

Post a Comment