Monday, January 21, 2013

Maui - Day One

Our first day in Maui was amazing!

Esme woke up and immediately wanted to put a dress on - with no clothes underneath.  Let me explain.  At home, she loves to wear dresses and would wear them every single day if she could.  But because it's winter, I often make her put a long sleeve shirt and leggings on under her summer dress.  She's not a big fan of this.  In fact when I told her we were going to Hawaii and that we were going to see the ocean and palm trees she was kind of lackadaisical about the whole thing.  Then I told her that she could wear a dress every single day without wearing any clothes underneath.  That got her attention and she was ready to leave immediately!

So back to our day.  Breakfast on the lanai was the first item on the agenda.  We had white toast with butter (an Esme staple) and Papa Rex's scrambled eggs which are the best ever!  Notice dress #1 of the day.
After that we went down to the beach to do a little toe dipping.
one of my favorite pictures of all time!
A few days before we left for Maui, I was on Facebook and I saw that one of my closest friends in the entire universe, Sarah, was at the airport in Portland and on her way to Maui.  What???  What are the odds of that happening?  I immediately texted her and we made plans to get together.  We got to spend an entire day with Sarah and her husband JonErik.  It was such a wonderful surprise!

First there was a sand castle to build.
 Then a little quiet time so Mommy and Sarah could visit and JonErik could body surf.
A little running around with Sarah in the second dress of the day.
 Koi watching.
And finally some hanging out at the beach.
Makena Beach
What a wonderful way to spend our first day in Maui.  I'm so thankful that we got to see Sarah and JonErik.  The only thing that would have made it better would have been if their little boy Parker would have been there, but he stayed home with his Grandma.  I guess we will have to go to Portland sometime soon to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment