Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Small world

Shortly before Christmas we took Esme to the mall to do some shopping.  You may remember the Sneeze incident.  That same day I found some really cute Snow Babies.  Aaron helped me to choose this one.
It's titled "Where are my glasses".  Cute right?  I put it at the front desk of my clinic and we get a lot of comments from patients that think it's funny.

Fast forward a few months.  I have a patient who I've been helping with monovision/multifocal contact lenses.  She listed her career as an artist and really wanted to get away from always having to wear readers.  We talked about what kind of work environment she has - computer v. paper, what distance she works at, lighting, etc.  We got her contacts just where she was happy with them after a few visits.  The last day she was checking out at the front desk and saw that we had this Snow Babies figurine.  It turns out that SHE DESIGNED IT!!!  How crazy is that???  She works for Dept56 and designs Snow Babies.  And designed this one because of all her readers - the readers I helped her get out of!  Small, small world...

She signed it for me and I think that is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment