Friday, March 29, 2013

Apples and trees

Last night it was my night to put Esme to bed.  We read a book called Wump World that we got from the library.  I understand the idea behind the book and Lord knows I'm all about the environment when I can be.  But let me just tell you that this book was simply depressing...  Moving on.

After reading, Esme and I snuggled for a bit.  She always says "put your arm around me to keep me safe" while she's falling asleep.  So we always lay on our sides, and I put my arm around her.  We make a great spoon!  But last night I just couldn't get comfortable so I told her that I was going to lay on my stomach next to her.  Pretty soon she decided to lay on her stomach too.  I said "now we are the same!"  And her response?

"Mom, you know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree..."

What the?????????  :)  The fact that she knows that quote and can recite it without making any mistakes just floors me!

And then she fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment