Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Taking care of Mom

Today I stayed home from work.  I had a headache, cough, sore throat, plugged nose, etc.  Your everyday, average crud.  Esme has been sick too, but she's towards the end of it.  She felt good enough to go to The Children's Museum with Mamoo and Papa while I stayed home and slept the day away.

When she got home, she came and sat with me for about three and a half minutes.  That's really all you can get her to sit still for these days.  She brought one of her books for me to read to her.  I told her I really thought she should read it to me since I was sick.  She reminded me that she didn't know how to read, so I asked her to try it "for pretend".  She made up a great story about Scuffy the Tugboat.
And then she left to play downstairs and do "more fun things".  Oh well, at least I got a few minutes with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment