Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday we had kindergarten orientation.  Esme was so excited to go to school, meet her teacher and see her new classroom.  She's been so excited all summer, counting down the days until school starts.
She made that head band herself and insisted on wearing it today.  It's also school pictures today so it will be forever remembered. :)

Ms. Pearson is Esme's teacher and she seems really fun!  I know Esme will like her.

Today was the real deal though.  Esme wasn't even a little bit nervous to ride the bus and go to school.  I really thought she would be when it came down to it.  She's had such a rough summer of being afraid of new things.  Today, not the case at all.  The bus driver had to actually remind her to turn around so I could take her picture!

Our next door neighbor Zac rides the same bus.  He said he would help Esme if she needed it.  Aaron went to work a little late so he could see her off on the first day.  I didn't cry nearly as much as I thought I would.  I did a little, but not too much.  I'm proud of myself!
And here was her annual sign.  Notice the rainbow in the background.  I think that's a sign of a different kind - the promise of a fabulous school year!!!
I'm excited to see how this year goes and to see how Esme learns and grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment