Friday, September 5, 2014

No second or third day of Kindergarten

Esme coughed all night Wednesday night.  She's been nursing a bit of a cold, but that night was a really long night for her.  And probably for Aaron too.  In all honestly, I only heard a bit of it and slept through the rest.  Yes, I'm married to a great father!

Anyway... when Esme woke up she felt really warm.  The first thing she did was run to the toilet yelling that she thought she was going to throw up.  This alone didn't alarm me.  For the last year or so, at least a couple of times a month, she will wake up and be certain that she's going to throw up.  She'll run to the toilet and nothing will happen.  Then a little while later she'll eat a bit and it's all better.  This time she did throw up.  And that set the stage for the day - puking or dry heaving all day. She couldn't keep anything down.

I stayed home with her because I felt so bad for her.
 She laid and watched TV and was basically miserable.  Finally she just fell asleep.
She was still throwing up in the evening so that meant that she couldn't go to school the next day (Friday) either.  The school has a 24 hour rule, so kids can't go back to school for 24 hours from the last time they threw up.  

When I told her that she couldn't go on Friday, she just cried.  She said in a completely pathetic and adorable voice "Mom!  Why is this happening to me!!".  I felt so bad for her.  She wondered if the kids at school missed her.

Aaron stayed home with her today.  He wasn't feeling all that well either.  He had a sore throat and a headache.  I think I was better off being at work and being away from those two sickies!!! :)

I hope she'll rally for the weekend so she can have a little fun before starting back to school on Monday.  Poor peanut!

No comments:

Post a Comment