Monday, September 21, 2009

Baptism

Esme got baptized this weekend at the Basilica of St. Mary's in Minneapolis. There were about 20 other babies/kids that were baptized so they had a separate service at 1pm.

The Basilica is so beautiful!


Esme wore the gown and bonnet that I wore when I was baptized and a bracelet made by a friend. The bonnet lasted just enough to take a couple of pictures.


First, we went to the right side of the altar with the Priest and Esme got baptized.

Then we went to the left side of the altar where the Deacon welcomed Esme to the congregation. As we walked over there the Deacon and his assistant both got huge smiles on their faces. I didn't realize it because I couldn't see Esme's face, but I guess she had the biggest grin on her face as we walked over there. You can kind of see it in this picture.

With Father Bauer.


Steve and Jodie are Esme's Godparents.


Pictures with grandparents.


When Esme needed wardrobe changes, we learned that the trunk of my car makes a great changing station. :)


Afterward, we went to Brit's Pub for dinner to celebrate.


What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment