Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is my first Mother's day... according to Aaron. :) And technically, he's right. Last year I was 8 months pregnant. It's safe to say that this year was much more fun!

It started out very early though. Esme has been sleeping through the night most of her life. However, the last two nights she's woken up, very upset. I'm not sure if she's scared of something or having bad dreams, but it's not fun. So at midnight on Mother's Day we were rocking in her room getting her back to sleep. It was so cute - that little breathing that babies do when they've been crying really hard and then start to calm down. So I got to start my day with Esme, cuddling. She doesn't cuddle too much these days, so that was the best!

Aaron let me sleep in which was awesome! Most weekends he lets me, so not too different today. But when I came downstairs, he had flowers for our yard for me. A hanging basket for the front of our house and a red geranium. I always get a red geranium even though I don't particularly like them. My Grandma Pearl loved them and they remind me of her.

He was also getting ready to make me pancakes. We were in the kitchen and I looked over and where our old huge television used to sit, there was a nice, new, flat screen TV!!! He also got a Blue-ray player and a couple of movies (Avatar for one). Very fun!

We decided to go for a walk at Crow Hassan. Last time we went, Esme went in the stroller, but it was pretty bumpy. So today we put her in the backpack. It worked pretty well. She seemed to like being up high by Daddy's shoulders.


But after awhile she fell asleep.

Then we went over to Aaron's parent's house. It was also Grandma Barb's birthday so we got to celebrate that. We spent the afternoon there and then came home and cleaned. Still working to get settled in our new home. We're getting there slowly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment