Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cooking again...

I've been cooking again the last couple of days.

Still following Martha Stewart, I tried the Spaghetti Carbonara.  It was really easy and really pretty good!  I will definitely make it again. 
MS's
Mine
Also, my mom has been inspiring me to bake.  She's been baking bread and buns like crazy, looking for the perfect recipe.  I decided to try also.  So I made these buns.
I was really excited about them but they turned out not to be that great.

I made another recipe of buns and they turned out pretty good despite the fact that I started off on the wrong foot.  The recipe said to heat water and milk to 110 degrees.  I used a thermometer that I have had problems with in the past and I don't think it works. I think the liquid got too hot for the yeast, so the dough didn't really rise.  Then I tried to put them in a warm oven for a bit to see if I could get them to rise before I baked them and they ended up being a bit too done.  Despite all of that, they tasted great!  So I will definitely try the recipe again with the new $2.99 thermometer I bought at the grocery store.  I will take pictures then!  Thanks to The Brown Eyed Baker!

No comments:

Post a Comment