Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh Tannenbaum!

We got a Christmas Tree!!!

We were going to do an artificial tree.  When my parents came out for Halloween, they brought us a very large tree that they have had for years and they haven't used for awhile because it's so big.  Our plan was to use that one.  So we got out the three boxes and got ready to put it together.  We had all the branches, but no base or center pole!  Turns out there was another box left in New England!!!  Oh no! 

So we decided to go get a real tree.  I was so excited because I haven't had a real tree since I was a little girl.  We went to the Catholic school in town and bought our tree there.
We definitely need a bigger tree skirt, but I think having a real tree is awesome and it smells divine!  Hopefully, this will be a tradition for us!

2 comments:

  1. Hey TS! We got a real tree once when we lived on Cleveland Street! It was BLIZZARDING and we went anyways? Then we had a ceremonious lighting of the tree (that I think turned out to be much shorter than we thought - after Heather cut the bottom off with the chainsaw - in the HOUSE!).
    Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I still have the video of that somewhere in a box!!! I remember it well. Our tree was the height "of the average 4th grader".

    We should get together and watch it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete