Saturday, January 4, 2014

Busy Day

Today was busy.  It started off with a play date for me! :)  My friend, Kelly, and I went to the Occasional Shops in Buffalo.  I was looking for a few things and found even more...  Yikes and Yaayyy!

We rearranged our living room lately because we got a new sectional sofa.  The television used to be on the right side of the fireplace and we had this old red sofa that was falling apart.  Aaron saw a sectional that was on sale Black Friday and I went and got it.  I absolutely hate Black Friday shopping, but this wasn't too bad.  The store opened at 8:30 so I didn't have to get up too early and it's right across the parking lot from a Starbucks.  So that's good.

Here is the new sofa.
As you can see, we have a huge naked spot to the right of the fireplace.  That is what I was on the search for.  I found something that I loved, but it might have been too tall and it surely was too expensive. $500.  But beautiful!
So needless to say, I still have a naked spot.  For now.

One thing that I was really excited to find was a sign for my stairwell.  I have wanted to put something up there for a long time, but I couldn't find anything that I like.  I thought I may want a saying.  But everything that I saw was super kitchy.  "Home is where the heart is", "Home Sweet Home", "Gag me with a spoon!" - sorry, flashback to my 80's self.

I kind of wanted something to do with reading, so I even looked online for something and just never really saw what I was looking for.  Today we were in our last store before going home and I had to use the restroom.  And as luck would have it, there was just exactly what I was looking for - in the bathroom.  Go figure.  So I guess I have Mother Nature to thank for this - 
Just the simple alphabet.  Perfect!

Sorry for the poor image quality.  The light from the windows is more than my little iPhone can do.  I also got a old stained glass window to hang from the upper window and I'm going to retrim these windows soon so the whole thing will look even better soon!

After I got home, Esme's friend Emily came over for a play date.  They had a great time and dressed up as princesses for dinner.
After Emily left, Esme fell right asleep on the couch.  Shortly, I plan on being asleep too!

What a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment