Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Friends

Today we went for a walk with our new friend Emily and her mom Kim. Kim and I found out we were pregnant around the same time and our due dates were within 1 day of each other. I was due June 10th and I think Kim was due June 9th. Emily was born June 2nd and Esme June 8th. (As a side note, at my reunion last week I told 2 or 3 people that Esme's birthday was June 10th. Finally, Aaron corrected me. Oops. June 10th was my due date, I had been saying that date for 8 months. Hard habit to break!)

Kim and I had planned a summer of walking and visiting, but it got a little derailed because of the whole chicken pox thing. Plus, who knew that with newborns that our time would be so used up. All of a sudden the day is done even if you haven't done much but hold your baby and feed her and change her diaper and love her. Anyway, we finally got together and it was fun for our girls to meet. They are about the same weight right now and doing the same things. It was also great to compare notes on all those crazy questions that we have.

We went for a walk and little Miss Emily was none too happy about it. Just like Esme though, she likes bumpy roads better than smooth ones when she's unhappy. She also liked the traffic noise when we were close to a main road.


After our walk, we hung out for a little while. It was fun to watch the girls next to each other. Esme as usual had her head turned to the right. So it's not like she was completely antisocial. She told me that she thinks Emily is the best girl friend she's ever had (her best boy friends are Jack and Charlie of course). If you look at them, I think Esme looks bigger even though she's 6 days younger, but they weigh about the same. Maybe it's just Esme's outfit. Polka dots maybe are a bit like horizontal stripes??? To be avoided? I don't think so, it's too cute of an outfit!


Here's a video of the girls running their first race together!



Hopefully, we will get to spend a lot more time with them this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment