Monday, July 6, 2009

New Mom Stuff - again...

This morning we went to the pediatrician. Esme has been congested pretty much every morning for the last couple of weeks. But yesterday it was a good chunk of the day that she was stuffed up and this morning was really bad. We have a love/hate relationship with the nasal aspirator. It's definitely no fun, but it gets the gunk out - after a drop or 20 of saline drops that is. And they are no fun either.


I thought it might be best to just have the pediatrician take a quick peak at her and make sure that she's ok. He did, and she was. No real news, as long as she's eating and doing well otherwise, we just keep dropping and sucking. Yuck! I asked if it was a cold, or from spitting up through her nose sometimes. He said it could be either and that with their little airways, it doesn't take much to get plugged up. He looked in her ears, nose and throat and listened to her lungs and said she was great!

We talked a little bit about chicken pox and he said it might be kind of nice if she got them. His opinion was - there's really not much you do for them anyway, she's young enough that she can't scratch the pox, and if she got them she wouldn't need the vaccine later. That made me feel a lot better because from what I got before, I thought it would be very dangerous for her to get them. Nope!

The other question I had for him was how long should I burp her. She is a TERRIBLE burper sometimes. I can try for 15-20 minutes and nothing. But then she'll spit up a bit more than usual later. He said to try for 3-4 minutes and if nothing happens, don't worry about it. Again, if she's gaining weight and seems to be eating well and happy, he's not worried. This is my kind of guy, no nonsense. They did weigh her and she is 9 lbs 9.6 oz I think. Or is she 9.096 pounds? Look at the pics and you decide. Nonetheless, she is getting bigger.


So mostly a visit to reassure me - again. First time Mom stuff is so fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment