Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cranberry Fun

I saw this recipe for Vanilla Bean Sugared Cranberries in a Rachel Ray magazine and had to try it.  I love most things cranberry.  I don't like cranberry jelly or sauce, but I like dried cranberries and cranberry scones, muffins, etc.  If cranberries are sweet, I love 'em!  I've made this twice in the last couple of weeks and I think it will definitely be a go to snack for holiday parties.

First you make a simple syrup and soak the cranberries overnight.
Then you coat the cranberries in a fine vanilla flavored sugar and let them set for about an hour.  You end up with fresh cranberries with a crusty sugar coating.  Just put into a bowl and serve.  Delish!
Next time I make them I'm going to do it with orange zest instead of vanilla.  Two vanilla beans are $6 or more and I really like the orange flavored dried cranberries from Trader Joe's.  I'm excited to see what the orange would taste like and if it's cheaper too?  Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment