Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pool Time!


We went to Grandpa Rex and Grandma Jackie's house for Thanksgiving.  Esme had a great time! 

First of all, she ended up being a great traveler!  We left at 4:30 am Thanksgiving Day thinking that she would sleep for the first several hours and we would miss the traffic out of town Wednesday night.  She was not interested in sleeping at all!!!  She was awake almost the whole drive to NE.  But she played with her etch-a-sketch and watched Baby Einstein videos, and sang songs.  She didn't really fuss at all.  It was great!  We did stop in Fargo to let the dogs out and grab Starbucks.  We actually went in for coffee so that Esme could be out of the car for awhile too.  She ran around and enjoyed stretching her legs a bit and I had a nice triple venti soy latte because I was sleepy.  Other than that one stop, Esme was in her car seat the whole time!  What a trooper!

I think Esme's favorite part of the weekend was going to the pool in Dickinson.  She was a little hesitant to be in the water at first.  But soon she was having a great time!
The slide was a HUGE hit with her.  I bet she went down about 20 times and she cried when we finally left the pool.  Can you believe this is the girl who was hating water just a few short weeks ago?  Now she loves it!
Grandpa was at the top of the slide helping Esme get started and Aaron and I took turns catching her at the bottom. 

I think the pool may be a new Thanksgiving tradition. 

On the drive home Esme did pretty well although she was a little more fussy.  It's a long drive when you're an adult, much less when you're 1!  The most interesting part of the trip happened just as we were nearing Fargo.  Esme was ready to get out of the car for awhile and was having no problem of letting us know it.  I was trying to distract her and pointed out a horse in the field along the side of the road.  As we got closer to it, I realized that it wasn't a horse.  It was a moose!  I've NEVER seen a moose in ND.  The only other time I saw a moose was when I was visiting my friend Lori in Alaska.  By the time I realized what it was it was too late to take a picture, so you'll just have to believe me.  It was crazy!

We stopped in Fargo to let Esme (and us) stretch again, this time at Scheels.  Then back on the road.  Whew!  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment