Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Noodles!

Once again, I'm cooking from a blog.  This time I decided to make homemade pasta.

I know, crazy?  In my head homemade pasta seemed right up there with croissants as something I would never, ever be able to make.  And besides, regular pasta from a box is so easy.  Furthermore there's really not a lot of taste to pasta anyway right?  Why bother?  So I could say I did it, that's why!

When I started, it was too overwhelming to even think about making a sauce for it.  One thing at a time please!  So I started slowly, by putting everything on the counter that I thought I would need, including coffee for energy, water in case I became dehydrated and ranunculus because if things really got ugly at least I would have something pretty to look at.
As nervous as I was, I kept thinking to myself that there are only three ingredients to this recipe so how hard could it be right?  Turns out - not hard at all.
Look at that color!  I've been getting eggs from a farm nearby and I'm always amazed at the taste and color of these eggs.  I will never buy eggs in a store again.
Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of myself rolling the pasta out.  I think I was so impressed that I was actually doing it that I couldn't possibly be slowed down to take a photo!  However, this is the final product.
Yaaaayyy!  I was so excited!  I put some of it in the freezer and cooked some.  I served it with roasted tomatoes and garlic, olive oil and parmesan cheese.  It was a-ma-zing.  And so tasty!

Thanks Laurie for yet another wonderful recipe.  I will definitely be making this one over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment