Monday, May 16, 2011

Tired girl

This weekend Esme was kind of a bear, ok she was really a bear.  I actually wrote on Facebook that she was officially terrible even though she's not officially two until next month.  Her nose was a little runny and I thought maybe that had something to do with it.  She also didn't have a nap for 2 days.  But really I think it's just her age.  Her emotions are so pure and unfiltered right now.  If you push her chair into the wrong place, she cries huge crocodile tears like you just took her best friend away.  But when I get home from work she runs across the yard to give me a great big hug and kiss.  Whatever she's feeling at the moment, she's going to let everyone know about it and not hold anything back.  I can't believe that I actually love it (for the most part, I'm not completely oblivious to the tantrums).  I never thought I would feel that way about any child throwing a tantrum or being a little snot.  I guess things change!

Anyway... bedtime is normally 7:30, but lately she pushes it and we usually leave her room between 8:00 and 8:30.  Last night I took her upstairs around 7pm and she was out cold by 7:30.  This morning was Monday so she got to sleep in a bit.  Around 8am I heard her talking and went to quickly take a shower before she was ready to get up.  When I got out of the shower I heard nothing from her room and when I peaked in she was snoring away.  I enjoyed the quiet morning for awhile and then I started to get nervous because she was still not making a sound.  I checked on her every half hour and she was completely out (but definitely breathing).  Then I finally decided it was time to go in and get her up.  It was 12:30 and my imagination started getting away from me and I decided  that when I'd been checking on her I was just looking into her room, but not really going in and that wasn't good enough.  What if she had a fever or something like that and I had been missing it.  So I went upstairs in a hurry all of a sudden, but when I got there she was sitting in her crib talking and playing.

Apparently she needed some sleep!  Once she finally got up, she was in a great mood.  She still wore her heart on her sleeve all day and I don't know that that's going to change any time soon.  But hopefully she'll be a little less crabby than she was this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment