Sunday, February 12, 2012

Finishing up

Today we decorated cookies.  I learned a couple of things  I haven't baked sugar cookies in forever, so please disregard the fact that Esme's are a little brown.  I got them slightly thin at first and baked them a little long so there you go.  I paid attention and they got better at the end. :)
The second thing I learned (I didn't really learn it, I knew it would happen) is that a 2 year old WAY over sprinkles her cookies. :)  Check out the very yellow ginger bread man!

At the end, she was excited to eat a cookie, could hardly wait.  After waiting an excruciatingly long time for the frosting to semi-set (10 minutes or so was all we could manage), she was ready.
And in the end...  She didn't like the cookies with frosting anyway, she liked the plain cookies better!  Oh well.

In case you are interested, here's the rest of the cookies that I made. :)  They're so yummy!
The inspiration for this entire activity was my friend Laurie's blog - www.relishingit.com.  She is simply amazing and I have made several of her recipes.  They've yet to fail me, they're always delicious!  Thanks Laurie!



1 comment:

  1. You are very kind -- thank you! Your cookies look wonderful and your daughter could not be any cuter!

    ReplyDelete