Monday, February 13, 2012

To the Gym!

For several weeks now Esme and I have been going to Jammin' Gym Time on Mondays.  It's an ECFE class that is offered in Saint Michael.  The other kids in the class are all Esme's age.  I think it's good for her because she's an only child and (because we are lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa do daycare for us) doesn't really get to spend a lot of time around other kids.

It is set up as an open gym concept.  There's a lot of toys and balls around the gym and it's very unstructured.  Truth be told, I wish it was a little more interactive and led because it's easy for Esme to want to play with me and ignore the other kids.  She's getting better though and it's fun to watch her play with everyone.  She definitely has some things to learn.  Sharing doesn't come easy for her although she is getting better at it each week.  She really enjoys herself.  This morning she woke up and the first words out of her mouth were "Can we go to gym today?".  I take that as a good sign.

The other really cute exchange that we've been having lately is this.  I say "Esme, I love you to the moon!" and she responds with "Mommy, I love you to the gym!".  So she must love it a lot!

Here are a bunch of pictures from the last couple of weeks.  I'm afraid that some of them are fuzzy.  I'm always impressed with people who get crystal clear pictures with their iphone.  I am not that talented...
I just realized that in all of these pictures except one, she's by herself.  That's misleading because she really does play with the other kids.  I just have to be a better photographer!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment