Friday, August 10, 2012

Interpretive Dance

Last night we went to The Lookout in Maple Grove.  It was Eric's and my birthday this week and so our families got together for dinner.

There was a band and Esme was having a blast dancing.  She was the only one on the dance floor for quite awhile.  She tried to talk Annika and Laurel into dancing with her and while they indulged her a little bit, neither of them were very excited about it.

Here is my favorite video of her dancing.  I'll be the first to admit, probably none of you are going to watch the entire thing, it's loooonnngg.  But holy cow is she adorable!  This is one of those memories that will stick with me forever.

It used to be that when I heard this song, I thought of being in Baraboo, Wisconsin with my friends Jennifer, Sherry and Marit.  But now, this song will forever remind me of a time when Esme was a uninhibited little girl who danced so hard she almost fell down.


Suddenly I feel the desire to download Hootie and the Blowfish. :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this more than words. Would that us grown ups would still be so free-spirited :)

    ReplyDelete