Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ron's Farm

Today we got invited to dinner at my friend Ron's house.  He has a farm very near our house and for whatever reason we have never been there before.  We won't make that mistake again.  We were joined by my parents and Carol Johnson.

Esme literally wore herself out running around and chasing chickens, building homes for the ants and just being outside.  Ron is a great cook with ingredients straight from his fabulous garden.  I wish I would have been better about taking pictures of the whole event rather than Esme.  Unfortunately, my focus was very narrow that day.  I would love to have a picture of his garden, the food and people other than Esme.  Oh well, next time!

I did, however, somehow manage to take this picture of his beautiful porch.  I love it!

Here's Esme posing...


Walking with Ron to see if they could find the chickens.
And finally chasing the chickens.  I love the halo effect around her hair in these pictures.  I had the camera on automatic because she was moving so fast, so I have no idea how to do this on purpose.  But I love it!



 Giving up after not being able to catch any chickens at all.  Dang, they were quick!
Posing for a few more pictures.


And last but not least, here is the picture of the Ant Home (or was it a hotel???) that Esme built for the ants.  She didn't think their ant hills were nice enough.  Unfortunately, she destroyed as many as she could find in order to persuade them to come to her "creation".  Maybe she'll be an architect some day???
Thanks Ron, for such a great time!  We can't wait to see you again!


No comments:

Post a Comment