Wednesday, August 29, 2012

State Fair

Today we went to the Great Minnesota Get Together.  Barb decided to take Esme, Laurel and Annika. My parents decided to go with to help out.  Plus, it was their first visit to the fair.  I wasn't about to be left out, so I took the day off to go also.  We had such a great time.


First we went to the Little Farm Hands exhibit.  It's really cool because the kids get to go in and be farmers.  They plant (fake) seeds, drive tractors, gather eggs, milk cows, harvest and take their goods to the grocery store.
It's a great opportunity for kids to realize where there food comes from.  It's funny to me, growing up in ND around farms and ranches, that this is Esme's first exposer to farm life.  Believe it or not, I'm raising a city kid!

Next we went to the Kidway.  Esme's friend Morgan and her mom Josephine joined us for a little bit.  Unfortunately, we didn't stay together for too long, but it was great getting to spend some time with them.
Morgan and Josephine 
Annika and Laurel on the slide
Esme, my dad and I went on the slide too.  Esme really wanted to go but as soon as it was really time to do it, she was scared.  Eventually we were able to talk her into it and she did really like it.  My mom took a picture, but some guy's head got in the way so it's not worth showing.  Bummer

What Esme loved, loved, loved was the bumper boats.
 And a few other rides too.  I think we rode the carousel about 5 times.
One other really fun place that we went was the Butterfly House.  Esme couldn't believe how many butterflies there were.  I was amazed at how many of them you could have on you at once!  There were people with over 20 butterflies on them!
This is a really fun age for Esme to be at.  Seeing the fair through her eyes is such a wonderful experience.  

Thanks everyone for going with us and helping us to have such a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment