Saturday, August 4, 2012

Invaders

Remember this?  Tomato plants growing out of our compost bin.

Now they look like this -
I know it's hard to see, but they're huge and heavy and laden with tomatoes!  There are actually two different tomato plants.  One looks like a cherry plant and one looks like a grape tomato plant.  I probably should have somehow staked them up, but I had no idea they would get that big.

You might notice something else growing out of the bin.

We have no idea what this is?  Is it a cantaloupe? Please no (I hate cantaloupe)!  Some sort of melon?  I'm hoping it's a pumpkin myself.

The bad part is that we haven't been turning our compost bin now because I don't want to disturb it.  But after the harvest we will go crazy turning it and getting it ready for next spring.

In the mean time stay tuned, I'll let you know how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment