Friday, June 19, 2009

6/17/09

Today was a busy day. We went to Ridgedale and ran some errands. We had to go to Eddie bauer to buy some clothes for Daddy. We also went to Sears and a couple of baby stores looking for a new hat for Esme. No luck. After that we went to JoAnn's Fabrics to get some fabric for Grandma Jackie to make some blankets for Esme. (When we were checking out it looked like she had a very runny nose it was wet under her nose all the way to her mouth. After that, no more runny nose. At the time I didn't think much of it, but read tomorrow's post and you will see what I think it was.) Finally we stopped at the pet store to buy food and snacks for Cricket and Kaiser.

We had a quieter night at home. But when I went to change Esme's diaper, she spit up a little bit and swallowed/choked on it. She was making squeaking noises and really not breathing for what seemed like 5 minutes. I bet it was less than 5 seconds, but it scared the poo right out of me. I rolled her on her side and patted her back until she finally took in a deep breath. I cried and cried because it scared me so much. I really don't like this sleeping on her back thing. I understand it and I'm sure that she would have been fine even if I hadn't been there, but it makes sense that it would be hard for her if she spits up.

She seemed to be fine the rest of the night though and went to bed great. Phew. Also, I found a couple of cute hats online and ordered them.

No comments:

Post a Comment