Saturday, June 27, 2009

Social Butterfly

Thursday was a big day for us. First we went to Maple Grove to my doctors appointment with Dr. Sarkinen. Our appointment was at 9:50 am, but I swear I started planning and getting ready to go at 8pm the night before. It's a lot more work to go places. I'm thinking that this will get better - hoping anyway. I'm told it will.

When we saw Dr. Sarkinen, I told her that I had about 3 questions about me and about 30 about Esme. Even though she is not a pediatrician, she is a Mom of two with and MD so I thought she was qualified and she was. We couldn't stump her! It was fun to share stories with her. She was telling me about when she had her first child and she was scared to death to give him a bath. She said "I can perform major surgery, a hysterectomy for example, but I was scared to bathe my infant". That made me feel better. We also got a couple of pictures of her with Esme and myself because even though she didn't deliver Esme, she was the one who took care of us both up until the last minute.


After the Dr. appointment we went to Target to get a birthday card for Todd. His birthday was last weekend. I got him a card at the grocery store and when I went to mail it to him, I couldn't find it. I looked everywhere, but no luck. I'm not sure if it got left in the cart, or if the check out woman forgot to put it in the bag??? Regardless, I couldn't find it. Of course, then it took me a week to get another card. I'm telling you, this parenthood thing slows you down! So Todd will get his card a week or two late. Oops. I hope he can chew me out about it sometime soon!

Then we went to Wayzata to see the people at my work. Esme was VERY popular! Even some of my patients were there and wanted to hold her and say hello. It was fun. We stayed for a couple of hours.


Finally after dinner and taking some quiet time at home, we went to Costco with Aaron's parents. They didn't have newborn diapers but we were able to get some formula so that was nice. We were also going to get a computer program called Photoshop Elements, but they didn't have it in stock. Not our lucky day.

All and all, it was a great day. Esme did a great job being Miss Social!

No comments:

Post a Comment