Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Coming home

I don't know if this is telling or not, but on the way home from the hospital, before Esme ever crossed the threshold of her home, she went to Target. We had to stop and get formula. I wasn't sure what kind of formula we were going to use for sure before we went into the hospital so we didn't buy any ahead of time. But here is my 3 day old daughter being wheeled around Target - shopping! :) I'm making sure to start her off on the right foot!

Then when we got home, we saw that our wonderful neighbors had decorated for us.


The first couple of days at home were very nice. The dogs are doing great with her. Cricket likes to smell her like crazy and her whiskers tickle Esme's face. I don't think she likes it very much. Kaiser will give her a quick sniff and a lick and then he's gone. The cats just like her crib and her changing table. So we are working hard to keep them out of her room.

We've been going for quite a few walks with Esme in her (kick ass) stroller and the dogs. I thought for sure that Cricket would have a problem with the stroller, but she does great with it. Between Aaron and I, the stroller and two dogs though, we take up a wide berth. But that's ok. It's been really nice to get out and walk around.

On Saturday we went to Houlihan's for dinner after Annika and Laurel's dance recital. Esme was very good. She slept through most of it and then was a little unhappy when she woke up. I got to try out the public changing stations in the bathroom for the first time. It's funny how clumsy everything feels right away. I'm assuming I will get better and better at it.

I don't think we did much on Sunday. We just hung out. The home health nurse did come and check both Esme and I out. Esme had gained most of her weight back so she was right back at her birth weight and we both got a clean report. Although, it was interesting that the nurse showed up to check out baby Maggie. Wonder where that came from. Not even close to Esme. I'm thinking someone else has the same paper hand outs that we have, but instead of Maggie, they say Esme!

On a sad note, we found out on Friday that my cousin Todd was in a serious ATV accident and has a traumatic brain injury. He is in Billings, MT in the hospital and we hoping and praying that he will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment