Friday, June 19, 2009

Emotional Mom Day

Today was the day that we were going to stay home and not go anywhere. We've been running around and I think it's a bit much for Esme and a bit much for me too. We ran to Lunds just to get a few things and then on the way home Esme was really crying pretty hard. When she got home she had a very gunky, yellow goopy eye. So I called the pediatrician and asked about using some antibiotic ointment in her eye. The nurse on the phone suggested that she come in because eye infections can be related to ear infections also and with a newborn they want to be very careful. When we got there we saw Dr. Meier, who I didn't really like. She said newborns are too small to check their ears and wrote me a script for erythromycin ointment and talked to me about lacrimal massage. So I sort of feel like it was a wasted trip, but I think you can't be too careful.

We decided to go to our Maple Grove office to see if we had any samples of the e-mycin ointment, but they didn't. We got to visit with all of the MG employees which was really nice. I hope the word doesn't get out to CLC that we've now visited two clinics besides theirs. We won't be very popular... until we show up, that is, and they see beautiful little Esme!

Since we couldn't get samples, we had to stop at Target to drop off the prescription. Mom and Esme stayed int he car and I ran in to drop off the Rx. As soon as I got in the car, Esme started screaming and she cried really hard the whole way home. It's so hard to comfort them in the car when they are facing backwards! Anyway, she was pretty darn hungry and after she ate and hung out with Daddy for awhile she was fine.


After awhile I was holding her in my lap when all of a sudden she made a little spit up noise and a bunch of clear liquid came out of both nostrils. It was a crazy lot of fluid. It had been a couple of hours since she had eaten, so no formula was involved. I'm thinking it must be saliva? But it reminded me of when she choked a little bit yesterday and being the emotional, hormonal new mom that I am, I cried off and on for the rest of the night. I was certain that something was wrong with her. I also got to thinking about it and I think that must be what happened in JoAnn's the other day. Because she hasn't had a runny nose since then.

We spent the evening visiting with Grandma Barb and Grandpa Dan in their back yard. It was really nice and I got a chance to calm down a bit. Esme had a good night and slept great. She also didn't seem to mind the antibiotic ointment, so that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment