Friday, June 19, 2009

Perspective

This morning my Mom came over and after a great night of Esme sleeping really well, we definitely decided that today was a day we were not going to leave the house!

Mom was getting ready to send out invitations for the shower that she and Linda are throwing for Esme in ND. The shower is going to be the same weekend as my 20 year high school reunion. So I looked online at the website for my reunion to check what time we should do the shower at. I happened to look and see that a classmate of mine had put a message on there about his daughter who was due around the same time that Esme was born, but she was born a month or so early and had some major complications. She is still in the hospital and there is a Caring Bridge website for her. I held Esme and read the entire site for this little girl of this guy that I haven't seen or talked to in years. It really put things in perspective for me. I know that as a new mom I'm going to have a lot of concerns and worries, but I'm so thankful that Esme is as healthy and wonderful as she is. Also, so far today she has had no waterworks out of her nose! I'm just so lucky and my prayers are definitely going out to little Oe.

This afternoon while my Mom was here, I actually took a nap. I should probably have been working harder at doing that this whole week, but it never seemed to work out. Today I got a couple hour nap though and it felt so good.

The other first for the day was that after Aaron got home from work, we were all sitting out on the patio with our neighbors. Everyone was having a beer. I actually had a pomegranate cider. As with everything with me there is a back story. The short version is that it's an alcoholic cider that I drank on my honeymoon and really liked. For the long version, you'll have to ask and I'll tell it sometime. Anyway, it was the first drink that I've had since my honeymoon. Because I had a c-section, I was on pain meds for awhile and so I couldn't drink anything. It was refreshing, but not surprisingly I got a little buzz about 3/4 of the way through. So no more than one for the time being. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment