Sunday, April 10, 2011

In Memory

One of the first friends I made when I moved into my townhouse was Karen Bazany.  I will never forget it.  I walked out of my garage and Karen was outside with this little, tiny, white puppy named Sadie.  I went for a walk with her that day and we went on many more walks over the years.

One night the first summer we lived at Gleason Farms we sat on her driveway in lawn chairs and met a bunch of our neighbors.  It was just the beginning of many memories that we would all make together.  Happy hours and baby showers and new puppies and the death of pets and bridal showers and more baby showers and even more baby showers and Christmas parties - we've been through it all together.

Karen and I went antiquing, walked our puppies, went out to lunch, shared recipes and spent many hours consulting each other on the perfect shade of who-knows-what color to put on the walls of our new townhouses.  Karen is the person who drove Patterson and I to the emergency pet clinic the night that he died.  She was one of the first people to visit Esme at the hospital.  She helped decorate the front of our house when we brought Esme home.  Her house was the first house that Esme ever trick or treated at.

I have so many memories of Karen that I can't even think of right now.  I'm sure they will surface over time.  But most of all I will always remember the wonderful, loving, kind person that she was and her HUGE heart and always positive attitude.
Sadly, Karen passed away yesterday after battling cancer for many, many years.  Rest in peace Karen.  We love you and miss you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment