Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Old friends meeting for the first time - as moms.

A long time ago I had a great roommate named Kris.  We always had such a blast together and when I remember the time that we lived in NE Mpls I think it was probably definitely one of the most fun times in my life.

But time goes on and people move (ok, mostly me - over and over again), and suddenly we haven't seen each other in 6+(?) years.  Crazy!  We're both married now and she has two adorable girls, Lilly and Nora and I have my beautiful Esme.

We decided to meet for a play date at Edinborough Park in Edina.  It was so much fun to reminisce, catch up and introduce our girls.  I see many more get togethers in our future!

This is Esme on the way to Edina.  She is doing some SERIOUS singing.  She's singing into a dog chewy toy that Aaron bought for her back when she was teething.  It worked wonders then and it makes a heck of a microphone now.
Here's Edinborough Park.
Just trying to blend in
Easy to get a picture of one
A little more difficult to get a pic of both Esme and Lilly
Esme, Lilly and Nora - impossible to get all three to sit together
Nora making sure the place doesn't collapse!
Then we went to Southdale thinking we'd grab a quick lunch at the food court.  Holy cow does their food court suck!  But the mall did have a train which the Wewers girls treated the Erntson girls to a ride.
On a side note, every time the train went buy Abercrombie and Fitch Esme started bouncing up and down to the music.  The girl has a good beat, but here's hoping I never have to go in there shopping with her, EVER!

Thanks Kris, Lilly and Nora.  Let's play again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment